Course Name: iOS Fundamentals With Objective-C (With Bonus Intro to Swift)
Location: Power Mac Training Classroom, TriNoma Branch 3/L Mindanao Wing, TriNoma Mall, EDSA, Quezon City
Duration: 3 days
Date: March 8 to 10, 2017
Time: 1 pm to 8 pm
Investment: Php26,500 (inclusive of snacks and course certificate)
Mac computers will be provided but participants may also bring their own machines for the workshop.
Who Should Attend
Our intensive three-day program has been designed to teach the fundamentals of Objective-C to IT professionals and practitioners, entrepreneurs, students and programming hobbyists who are interested in building their first iOS application.
Participants must have an understanding of OOP language/framework such as Java, C#, C++. This course will be challenging for those without prior knowledge or experience in a procedural programming language or an object-oriented platform.
A passion for mobile app development is a must.
We want our participants to learn conceptual and practical Objective-C fundamentals so that upon completion of the course, they will be equipped with the necessary skills to develop their first iOS application.
What the Course will Cover
- The definition of objects and their usage
- How to send messages to objects
- How to define your own classes
- How to use common classes in the Foundation framework, including NSString, NSArray, NSDate, NSDictionary, NSSet, and NSData
- How to manage memory using ARC and understand the object lifecycle
- How to read and write files on disk
- What protocols are and how they work
- The grammar and syntax of Objective-C blocks
- How to use Xcode and Interface builder to create interfaces
- Understanding Apple’s usage of the Model-View-Controller design pattern
- Implementing view controllers to drive different screens of information
- Displaying user-editable lists of data
- Displaying data in customizable grids of content on the screen
- Implementing multiple different navigation paradigms including tab bars and drill-down navigation
- Taking pictures with the device’s built-in camera
- Constraining layouts using Auto Layout and Size Classes to work correctly across all orientations and screen sizes
- Using Storyboards to allow for more rapid app prototyping and flow
- Tracking individual touches on the screen and recognize common gestures
- Understanding the responder chain and flow of events through an application
The Principles of Delegation
Views & View Controllers
Table Views & Table View Controllers
Split View Controllers
Images & Image Views
Modal Views & Popovers
Application States & Persistence
Models & Core Data
The Web & Web Views
Touch Events & Gestures
Introduction to Swift
Why Choose Rogomi
We’re a software development company focused on enabling enterprises to tap the power of mobile technologies. With a team of professional & competent designers and developers, we have helped various local and global brands create and successfully publish their own mobile applications for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Our first iOS app, WalletWhiz, was released on the Apple App Store in May 2009 as the first budget calendar for the iPhone while our idea-mapping/note-taking app, MindMash, was the first Philippine-made app for the iPad listed on the App Store in April 1, 2010.
We have conducted numerous mobile app development-related seminars in various institutions all over the country, including AMA University, De La Salle University, University of Sto. Tomas, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Pasig, Philippine Youth Congress in I.T. organized by the University of the Philippines-ITTC, the Association of SEIPI I.T. Executives & Professionals (ASITEP), the Philippine Software Industry Association, Developers Connect Philippines, Globe Labs/Globe Telecom and Emerson Technologies, to name a few.
Apart from creating apps for businesses, we are also dedicated in helping local IT practitioners and students enhance their mobile app development skills and in making a difference in the Philippine mobile software development industry.
How to Sign-up and Pay
- Register via Eventbrite and follow instructions to send payment through Paypal.
- Send email to email@example.com indicating interest to join the workshop. We will send bank details for payment.
We have allocated only 12 slots for this training workshop so we encourage those who are interested to attend this 3-day course to sign-up as early as possible.
For more information on this workshop, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +63 2 5846312. You may also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.